How To Make Green Cupcakes?
Green Tea Cupcakes
Last weekend my friends decided to come over for dinner which usually means that I’d be doing the cooking. I actually don’t mind at all as I love to cook. Many people find it stressful to plan dinners but I love the entire process. Trying to come up with the right menu is one of my most favorite things to do.
After thinking about all the options, I finally decided on a Pan-Asian theme. My menu would include curry croquettes with marinara sauce, a seafood salad and a salmon dish with teriyaki-corn relish. Halfway through my cooking, I realized that I had forgotten all about dessert. I only had about an hour left before my friends arrived.
I looked through my kitchen for something that I could use to make a quick dessert. I found a box of cake mix hidden near the back of my cupboard and quickly decided that I could make cupcakes for dessert. For the frosting, I would use some powdered green tea that I had purchased from a recent trip to Kyoto. I checked my refrigerator for all the necessary ingredients. I was ready to go!
Making Cupcakes the Easy Way
I usually prefer to make cupcakes from scratch because frankly, they aren’t that difficult to make. However, as I mentioned, I had less than an hour before people arrived at my door. I always like to be ready for my guests and I never like them seeing me in a rush and panicking in the kitchen.
Using a cake mix saves a lot of time as there is almost no measuring involved. In this recipe, I’ve used Betty Crocker’s Super Moist French Vanilla cake mix. It calls for 3 eggs, some oil and water. I made the delicious green tea frosting while the cakes were baking in the oven. It really couldn’t be any easier and spending time on the frosting is well worth the effort. I also find that Betty Crocker’s cake mix always comes out moist with a good flavor. I especially like using french vanilla because it goes well with other flavors such as green tea.
- Serves: 24
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Cake Mix French Vanilla flavor
- eggs oil and water called for on the cake box instructions
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- candy and sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- 1. Make the cupcakes according to the instructions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- 2. To make the frosting, put the softened butter into a large bowl and add the confectioner’s sugar 1/3 at a time blending well each time. Add the milk and matcha powder and blend until light and fluffy.
- 3. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the green tea frosting. Feel free to add decorations if you like.
For the best matcha flavor in your frosting, use the highest-quality powdered green tea available. Not only do they taste better, you get more health benefits. You also end up using less due to its more intense flavor.
Would You Try This Recipe Yourself??