Dry Mouth 7 Causes, 9 Symptoms, 7 Tips, And 5 Home Remedies For Dry Mouth
Dry mouth is a common problem among people,
This condition is called medically called xerostomia
Where the amount of saliva in the mouth is too little,
That causes a feeling of discomfort to those who suffer from this problem;
Especially since they can be indicative of a particular disease;
So it is necessary not to underestimate this situation, and see the doctor to diagnose the causes and provides appropriate advice and treatment for his patient.
7 Causes Of Dry Mouth
- Some medications that cause dry mouth such as antidepressants.
- Some diseases, such as stroke, and Alzheimer’s.
- To undergo radiation therapy for the head, which affects the salivary glands.
- Subject to chemotherapy.
- Infectious diseases such as AIDS.
The reasons listed above remain only possibilities,
A doctor’s visit and a simple salivary gland tests if necessary,
Will pinpoint the underlying causes of your dry mouth problem.
9 Symptoms Associated With Dry Mouth
- Ulcers in the mouth.
- Chapped lips.
- The occurrence of caries in the teeth due to the reduced amount of saliva secreted.
- Infection of oral fungus.
- The presence of a burning feeling in the tongue.
- The presence of unpleasant odor in the mouth.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Dry throat.
- Increase gingivitis.
5 Home Remedies For Dry Mouth
1. Fennel seeds:
- Chew a teaspoonful of these seeds once or more a day.
- It contains a high percentage of flavonoids that increase saliva in the mouth.
Eat ginger in the way you see fit,
- You can chew a small piece of ginger,
- Or to melt a tablespoon of honey in a cup of ginger tea.
and drink it twice a day at a minimum.
As ginger stimulates the salivary glands to secrete of saliva.
- Make your own vegetable oil mouthwash using a tablespoonful of sesame oil or coconut oil,
- Put it your in your mouth and swish around for a couple of minute then spit it out,
- And then rinse your now not so dry mouth thoroughly with warm water.
- Add a teaspoon of crushed cardamom in a cup of hot water,
Or use some packed ready-to-use cardamom tea
- Drink it twice a day at a minimum.
- Lemon stimulates salivary glands to secrete saliva,
- It also removes bad odors from the mouth
- It can be taken with a teaspoon of honey, half a lemon juice and a glass of warm water, and you can make it a daily drink.
7 Tips For Getting Rid Of Dry Mouth
- Eat foods with less added sugars.
- Use mouthwash that alcohol-free, because alcohol will make your already dry mouth even drier.
- Drink as much of water as you can.
- Use some sugar-free chewing gum to increase saliva production.
- Taking medicines according to prescription can also help increases the flow of saliva.
- Avoid eating foods that contain many seasonings and salty foods as well.
- Reduce drinking soft drinks, coffee and tea.