What Exactly is Cancer?
How We Define Cancer Disease?
Cancer is a serious and chronic disease.
Its cells are hostile and destructive.
They have the ability to invade and control the body tissues, and they can also move from one place to another in the body, either to infect other far or near organs or tissues.
we can also define cancer disease as, the process of spreading and growing Of the cancerous cells in the body in a way that can not be controlled or contained, and it is noteworthy that it can affect any parts of the body.
Symptoms of Cancer
After we have explained in a few simple words how to define cancer disease, now let’s briefly introduce some of the common Symptoms and signs of cancer disease
you have to listen to your body as it often expresses what it suffers, one way or another also because cancer symptoms vary widely according to the person and his medical history as well as the specific part of the body that first was hit by the cancerous cells.Yet, it should be noted that there are some general signs and symptoms that are usually associated with it cancer such as:
- Weight loss without any apparent reason.
- It is true that indigestion, menstrual cycle in women, and other factors cause bloating, but ovarian cancer also causes bloating, especially if accompanied by a feeling of fullness. and other urination problems.
- Changes in breast: changes in breast color , swelling, or any kind of abnormal secretions might indicate cancer disease.
Breast cancer affects men as well, but much less than women.
- Changes in the skin: Moles that have recently appeared on the skin as some times they are indication for cancerous tumor in the pigmented cells of the skin.
- Fatigue: Feeling tired without doing any significant effort, may be a sign of leukemia, or cancer in some parts of the digestive system.
- Change in nails: some newly-appeared brown spots on the nail might also indicate skin cancer or an early stage of lung cancer.
also pale nails indicate liver cancer.
- unexplained Blooding: Blood may appear in the stool or in the urine due to infections, or hemorrhoids, or can be a sign of cancer as well.
- Acute and psychological change: Many types of cancer disease especially types hitting the body glands, affect the psychological state of the sick person as a result of hormonal changes resulted from these glands malfunctioning.
yet, The most powerful evidence of having cancer will always be the thorough medical examinations, that’s why it’s advised to conduct regular, comprehensive medical check ups.
Types of cancerous tumors
Define Cancer Disease concerning Benign tumor
It is a tumor that grows mainly in a specific area of the body. Perhaps the most prominent characteristic is that:
- it can not control and invade neighboring cells.
- It also has the advantage of not moving from one part of the body to another, but in rare cases it can turn into a malignant tumor.
- is usually removed for good b surgery.
Define Cancer Disease concerning Malignant tumor
It is a tumor that travels quickly in the body, and does not allow the body to compensate its damaged cells, which makes them proliferate abnormally.
- it is characterized as moving from one part to another within the body, as it can travel through the blood and lymphatic system to any other organs or body cells.
Define Cancer Disease risk
It may take years or even decades for the cancer disease symptoms to appear and develop, so it might not get diagnosed by most people until they reach the age of fifty-five years or more.
It should be noted that although cancer disease is widely spread in the adults category, but it can also b affect people of different Age groups.
Some lifestyles and human behaviors negatively contribute to the increased risk of having cancer disease like;
drinking alcohol, smoking, excessive sun exposure, frequent sunburn, and unsafe sex.
Define Cancer Disease relation with The genetic history of the patient
The genetic infection rate is almost 10 percent.
If the disease is widespread in a person’s family, genetic mutations are likely to be passed on from generation to generation.
Many doctors strongly recommend regular physical examinations of the person with such a family history.
But genetic mutagens does not necessarily mean cancer.
Define Cancer Disease relation with the surrounding environment and medical history
Some chronic health disorders are positively related to the increased risk of cancer.
The most prominent of these disorders is ulceration colitis.
Environment is also with a significant importance as a person who lives in an environment full of harmful chemical substances, such polluted environment plays a large role in increasing the likelihood of having cancer.